DFDS Freight - Booking Information
Vans - Do I need to travel as freight?
Qualification varies dependent on your route. Please visit our "Qualify as freight page for full details.
- Drivers included in price 2 drivers included on cross-channel routes. All other routes include 1 driver with the exception of Sweden and Norway where prices are charged per driver.
- Cabin included A berth in a shared cabin on Western Channel and North Sea routes
- Meals included Yes, on North Sea routes. Meals are discounted on Cross Channel route.
- Hazardous cargo Hazardous cargo can be carried, please contact us for more information, quoting the UN number, Class and Packaging Group.
- Unaccompanied freight Accepted
- Fuel surcharges Yes - click here to view current fuel surcharge.
- Extra surcharges Vehicles over 2.6m width will incur a surcharge
DFDS Seaways now operate the route between Newhaven & Dieppe, previously operated by LD Lines.
Norfolkline is now part of DFDS Seaways offering services between Dover & Dunkerque. From Feb 2012 you can also book DFDS Seaways new route between Dover & Calais.
Routes between Liverpool (Birkenhead) & Belfast and Heysham & Belfast will be operated by Stena Line Freight with effect from 26th September 2011
About DFDS Seaways
DFDS Seaways is one of the largest European shipping companies with more than 350 weekly departures. With a modern fleet of 60 vessels the route network covers 15 countries and more than 42 destinations.
Sailing between Dover & Dunkerque, DFDS Seaways offer up to 24 sailings per day, the three purpose- built vessels serving this route, Dunkerque Seaways, Dover Seaways and Delft Seaways ensure drivers cross in comfort and luxury.
There are two departures per day between Newhaven & Dieppe.
DFDS Seaways has an extensive network on the North Sea serviced by a modern fleet or ro-ro and ro-pax vessels. Services are offered between the UK and Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden & Norway. The revived freight service between Rosyth and Zeebrugge is the only direct link from Scotland to the continent.
Please check your route below:
- Dover - Dunkerque/Calais Private use vans under 6m in length can book and travel as passenger. All vans over 6m must travel as freight. All vans carrying commercial goods must travel as freight, regardless of length.
- Newcastle - Ijmuiden or Harwich - Esbjerg
All private use vans exceeding 8m in length must be booked as freight. If commercial goods are being carried you must book as freight, regardless of the length. If your van is under 8m and you are not carrying commercial goods, please visit our passenger website.
- All other North Sea routes
All other North Sea routes are dedicated to the shipment of freight vehicles only.