Brittany Ferries Freight - Booking Information
Vans - Do I need to travel as freight?
On Brittany Ferries, all private-use vans exceeding 6.5m in length must be booked as freight. If commercial goods are being carried you must book as freight, regardless of the length. If your van is under 6.5m in length and you are not carrying commercial goods, please visit our passenger website's Brittany Ferries page
- Drivers included in price 2 drivers included on cross-channel routes where the vehicle is over 9m long. All other routes - price includes one driver.
- Cabin included A berth in a shared cabin
- Meals included No
- Hazardous cargo Hazardous cargo can be carried, please contact us for more information, quoting the UN number, Class and Packaging Group.
- Unaccompanied freight accepted Yes
- Fuel surcharges Yes - click here to view current fuel surcharge.
- Extra surcharges Vehicles over 2.5m width will incur a surcharge
- Livestock restrictions Commercial livestock not accepted
- Other Abnormal vehicles must be referred. Plug in available at no extra charge
About Brittany Ferries
Founded in 1972, Brittany Ferries has become the leader in freight transportation across the Western Channel. Brittany Ferries offers the greatest variety of routes and departure ports than any other operator serving the English Channel, with regular sailings from Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth.
Each freight route has been created with the freight customer in mind, saving considerable time and mileage. Brittany Ferries now offers the quickest, most direct routes to Western France, Spain & Portugal.
All private use vans exceeding 6.5m in length must be booked as freight. If commercial goods are being carried you must book as freight, regardless of the length.
If your van is under 6.5m and you are not carrying commercial goods, please visit our passenger website's Brittany Ferries page